WRITE FOR US
We welcome and love new contributions from budding and seasoned writers. Here’s what you need to know:
- You should be an entrepreneur, an intrapreneur or working closely with entrepreneurs to write for Mkazi-The Enterprising African Woman. You don’t need to own a big business to be considered as an entrepreneur; being self-employed is enough.
- Word count: No minimums but posts typically run between 500-800 words. Major stories can go up to 3000 words.
- Tone: Inclusive, accessible, fun and generally positive. Take a look at our past issues and see what we’ve previously published.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original. We expect that you will use reasonable care to ensure that all facts and statements in your work are true, that you will be the sole author of your work, which will be original and free of plagiarism. We do not accept posts (text and pictures) that have already been published or submitted elsewhere online (not even on your personal profile on various social media platforms) or that you plan to distribute to other websites.
- Editing: We have the right to edit your work as it deems appropriate for publication, and we expect you to cooperate with us in editing and otherwise reviewing your work prior to publication. However you are not responsible for errors occurring in your work after acceptance
- All expenses related to your work shall be absorbed by you unless agreed otherwise, and you will not be treated as an employee for any purpose.
- Acceptance: Please contact us for details on compensation. Since our writers are entrepreneurs in their own right, we’re happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, blog, Facebook and/or Twitter accounts. Please keep your bio to just 2-3 sentences.Mkazi is a great resource to promote what you’re doing.
- You may send your post in the body of the message or as an attachment of an email. We don’t accept articles submitted in PDF.
- Once the magazine is published, please share the link with your friends via email, your website, and any other social media platform you may have subscribed to. The more the people who buy the magazine, the better it is for you and Mkazi.
- We love connecting with new contributors. Mkazi editorial team endeavours to carefully read every single submission that we receive, though we may not be able to respond to all of them. If your post has been accepted, we generally respond within 30 days. You’re welcome to submit again with a different post after you’ve waited 30 days.
- By submitting to Mkazi you acknowledge that you accept our terms.